Friday 13 July 2012

Deck builders Toolkit 2012

Today I got my first of two preordered toolkits! The artwork on the box is in my opinion better than the last edition. Upon sifting through the cards received in this box I noticed a fair amount of 'exalted' abilities.

'Exalted' allows a creature to bestow +1/+1 to a lone attacker for those who don't know the mechanic. I will be doing some research on this particular mechanic as at this stage I'm not sure if this ability will stack in multiples for power housing a single creature! If indeed it works the way I think it will then it may be worth digging out some old cards with flanking to further the gap between attack and defence! But I'll post my findings at a later date.

Back to the subject! The standard 100 lands were included, a playset of evolving winds was in there too, which works much like Terramorphic Expanse. I got a fair amount of white cards with a wide variety of mana costings. Although in contrast I only received two artifacts. Can't have everything I suppose!

All in all I'm quite happy with what I got as it expanded my growing collection in places where it was weak i.e. green and red cards. I mention red cards because as you know I've been experiencing problems with my Dragons deck. I got a nice goblin token creation card which will find its way into the deck! I'll have a further sift through the reds see if there is something else as well, but on initial sort nothing really stood out as exceptional!

The booster packs were pretty run of the mill and I only netted one foil. I got 1x Innistrad, 1x Dark Ascension, 1x Avacyn Restored and 1x 2013 Core Set. All in all I'm pleased with my purchase and eagerly await my second toolkit in the hopes I find something really effective in boosting my dragon deck!

No comments:

Post a Comment