Wednesday 11 July 2012

Dragon fail!

Well it's another week gone by and another magic night gone, this week I only won 2 games and to be honest it was sheer luck! I played my dragon deck repeatedly and repeatedly found myself respectively short on mana! Though seven mana would be sufficient in my other decks, it isn't in this deck! Most of my dragons are 6 or more mana, and I wasn't drawing my little 1/1 1cmc cards until late in each game, nor did I see Kuldotha Rebirth!
This needs addressing!

I think I will be looking at rethinking the deck and maybe splashing some mana ramping cards as the two main non land mana sources weren't viable during the games Infernal Plunge was useless as I didn't have a creature to sac and battle hymn was pointless spending 2 mana for only 1 in return!

So all in all Dragons needs more work!

On the other hand South of Heaven. My white and blue deck had me bring Chris to a standstill which led him to finally concede. However I would say that although I found the going tough this evening and competition from james was as consistent as ever, I have learnt more and more from them just where my decks flaws are! However even in the face of almost certain defeat South of Heaven really pulled through for me and at this time I'm still happy with the deck in general!

That's it for now! Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment