Thursday 5 July 2012

New to Magic: The Gathering

I suppose I should start by saying a little about myself. I'm fairly new to the game at the time of posting I have only been playing for 10 weeks at maximum. What I will say is I got invited to play one week and really enjoyed it. From that point onwards I found each week more entertaining than the last! In my first game I played a red and black theme deck by the name of blood and thunder. After reading the cards in my hand I played an onyx Mage and goblin fireslinger giving the goblin deathtouch and tapping to take out target creatures. This took my group by surprise as it was something they hadn't considered. After a quick check to see if what I was doing was legal, my group was quite impressed with how quickly I picked it up!


The next day I went and ordered a lot of cards and by the following Wednesday I had a deck of my own to pit against my group! I called the deck South of Heaven, it's a blue and white aggro control deck designed to draw cards for entreat the angels miracle cost, control threat from opposition, produce 4/4 flying angels and power up archangel to a mammoth 19/16 to deal the decisive blow! Although it contains Serra angel for good measure so I don't have to rely solely on archangel to deliver the winning blow, it also allows me to deal with hard hitters in the form of un summon and turn to frog!
All in all a really fun casual deck!

Perhaps I'll go into the deck more in depth at a later date! Comments are most welcome and any constructive suggestions, helpful suggestions to improve my play would be appreciated! Hope you all enjoyed reading my first steps towards becoming a MTG player.

No comments:

Post a Comment