Monday 9 July 2012

A Tribute to Sabbath!

Well, in keeping with the theme of this blog, I'm going to take a moment to share one of my other interests with you all, guitar. It all started last Sunday evening on BBC Four, believe it or not, they were showing a series of tv shows at first focusing on Black Sabbath then branching off into the new wave of British heavy metal. What really interested me was the interviews with Tony Iommi! While watching him play some of those iconic riffs and explaining how he'd come up with them, in some circumstances almost on the spot! Now to some of you out there you may think 'why would you wanna listen to Black Sabbath? Surely it's a bit dated now?'
Well in answer to that all I will say is without sabbath there would be no Metallica, Iron Maiden, or any other metal band! Simply put they were the guys that started it all!
Back to the point! As a guitar player myself I decided to do my own tribute to sabbath so have been working on a medley of songs from their vast back catalogue. So far I want to include:
Children of the Grave
Iron Man
Paranoid
Electric Funeral
Zero the Hero

Any suggestions of tracks you'd like to hear on it then by all means add to the comments below! So far I have worked out the transitions between the first three tracks and want to aim at doing a medley of around 9 mins! Once I have it down I'm planning to do a recording and will subsequently put it somewhere online for linking to the blog. Supposing of course I ever get round to it!

Any way I'm bored now and will leave it at that! Feel free to make suggestions and make any input as you'd like! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment